Events leading up to and following the achievement of Universe Ascension are depicted in For a Better Universe.
- The Universe Ascension Project is the ultimate utopian goal of the Affini Compact
- The purpose of the project is to overcome the in-built limitations of the universe which will inevitably lead to suffering (eg: scarcity, violence, coercion, oppression, even death and entropy).
- The project is ultimately completed ~334,453 CE, creating what effectively amounts to a ‘shockwave’ originating in the Affini Core Worlds and rippling outward across all of spacetime from there. Due to the sheer magnitude of generating such an effect across all of spacetime, it is unknown how many years it took for the ‘shockwave’ to reach the edge of the universe.
- The ultimate effect of Universe Ascension is to bring all sentient lifeforms to ever exist across all of spacetime into the new universe. There, they can live without conflict, scarcity, coercion, oppression or death for as long as they should desire.
- A rather unique quirk of this process is, due to the nature of reblooming and the long lives of affini, it is common for multiple incarnations of the same affini to be created when said affini's life had lasted long enough. Such affini typically remember the entirety of their lives, but most closely identify with the memories, relationships and experiences of a few select blooms. This phenomenon can also be observed in non affini species, but is by far most common and consistent among affini.
- Some suggest this is because after living long enough, one is no longer the same person as they were before. More pragmatic sophonts argue that it is simply a matter of convenience, as it would be unrealistic for one affini to care for dozens, or perhaps even hundreds or thousands of florets concurrently.